Radio One and News Talk 1110 & 99.3 WBT have hired radio and podcast veteran Pete Kaliner to host a daily talk show from 12 PM to 3PM.
‘The Pete Kaliner Show’ will explore the important issues facing our nation, welcoming participation from the Charlotte audience, as part of WBT’s live and local weekday lineup from 5 AM to 7 PM.
Known for his quick wit and asking thoughtful questions intended to highlight all sides of a topic, Kaliner has spent the better part of the past decade hosting afternoon drive at WWNC, Asheville, and producing a daily news-based podcast that explores national and state issues. Returning to WBT where he spent twelve years as a highly respected news reporter and host, Kaliner looks forward to re-engaging with the Charlotte audience in middays. And, just as WBT has supported the community of Charlotte for over 99 years, Pete will join in this commitment to service by raising awareness to anti-poverty and animal welfare organizations as WBT approaches its Centennial celebration in 2022.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
“For three decades, ‘Noon to 3’ has been synonymous with an icon that is irreplaceable,” said Marsha Landess, Regional Vice President and Market Manager for Radio-One Charlotte. “We know that no one will ever replace Rush, and we’re not attempting to replace him. Bringing Pete Kaliner back to WBT represents our commitment to serving this community, which includes his decades of experience in covering national issues and how they affect us here. We are excited by the future that having Pete on this team brings.”
“Returning to WBT is somewhat surreal, as it has been such a huge part of my life. Being a part of WBT for all those years meant being a part of Charlotte’s unique and inspiring story. WBT and Charlotte are inextricably connected by a century of history. I am sincerely humbled and honored to be entrusted to help contribute to the next chapters,” said Kaliner.
The Pete Kaliner Show debuts on July 26, 2021, on News Talk 1110 & 99.3 WBT.
- Panthers look to snap 3-game skid against New York Giants
- Winterble: Build back better than…what?
- Pete Kaliner: Where Is The Off-Ramp For Masks?
- Bo Thompson: Brairhopper Time with Tom Warlick
- Bo Thompson: WFNZ’s Nick Wilson Talking Sports
- Bo Thompson: Sean O’Connell Movie Review
- Winterble: What’s wrong with the supply chain?
- Winterble: CMS issues continue
- Bo Thompson: Crossing the Streams with Brett Winterble
- Pete Kaliner: Butler High Cheerleaders Shouldn’t Be Punished For Banner – But Lesson Is Taught