Radio One and WBT AM/FM host Bo Thompson have reached a multi-year agreement for Thompson to continue in Morning Drive on the heritage News Talk station.
Thompson is a Charlotte native and began his career at WBT in 1990 at age 16. He worked at the station while still attending Myers Park High School and continued through his years at Davidson College. Bo’s entire three-decade broadcast career has been in Charlotte, mostly dedicated to WBT.
“Bo has done an amazing job of keeping Charlotte listeners engaged and informed during mornings on WBT” said Marsha Landess, Regional Vice President. “He has proven to be a compelling broadcaster keeping Charlotte informed on local, Regional and National issues and we are thrilled he will be taking WBT into the future.”
“I’m very proud to continue working for the station that has been my broadcast life,” said Thompson. “It’s an honor for me that I’ll be here both for WBT’s 100th Anniversary and to celebrate a decade hosting mornings next year.”
- Bo Thompson: Mick Mixon on Vikes Victory over Panthers
- Can Panthers snap 2-game skid against the Minnesota Vikings?
- UNC faces hot Miami team in regular season finale
- Which President was the Worst?
- Winterble: Another Gun Found at CMS
- Becki Gray: New Law Signed By Cooper Allows Loved Ones To See Dying COVID Patients
- Pete Kaliner: Don’t Look Now – Biden Just Implemented A Policy Trump Got Blasted For!!!
- Bo Thompson: Moira Quinn Talks About Thanksgiving Parade Change
- How To Download WBT Radio App On Your Smartphone
- Bo Thompson: Sean O’Connell Movie Review