Former President Donald Trump has always enjoyed the spotlight. After being suspended from most social media sites including Twitter and Facebook after the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, he has been sending email correspondents from the “Office of the 45th President of the United States” regularly.
Now, in an attempt to regain his followers’ attention, the one-term President plans to launch his own platform in two to three months, one of his senior advisers said on Sunday.
Jason Miller, a spokesman for Trump’s 2020 campaign, told Fox News that Trump would re-enter the online space with a new platform of his own that would “completely redefine the game.” Although, Miller provided no specific details of what his former boss plans to do going forward.
“This is something that I think will be the hottest ticket in social media,” Miller said.
Trump followed up Miller’s statement with confirmation of his own, saying “I’m doing things having to do with putting our own platform out there that you’ll be hearing about soon,” Trump told Fox News contributor Lisa Boothe in the debut episode of her “The Truth” podcast, which was released Monday.
Twitter said last week it would seek public input on their policies regarding bans against world leaders, saying it was reviewing policy and considering whether the leaders should be held to the same rules as other users.
As for Facebook, who banned Trump indefinitely in January, they’ve asked its independent oversight board to decide whether the ban should stand permanently.