With Fox News and Tucker Carlson mutually agreeing to part ways, what’s next for Carlson? CNBC reports:
Right-wing prime-time host Tucker Carlson is leaving Fox News immediately, the cable network announced Monday.
The announcement came days after Fox News’ parent company settled Dominion Voting Systems’ defamation lawsuit for $787.5 million. The company’s hosts were not required to talk about the lawsuit, or make an apology for it, as part of the settlement, CNBC previously reported.
“FOX News Media and Tucker Carlson have agreed to part ways,” the company said in a statement Monday. “We thank him for his service to the network as a host and prior to that as a contributor.”
There will be no send-off for Carlson, as his last program aired Friday. Carlson had signed off Friday saying he would be back Monday. Carlson’s program, “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” has long been one of Fox’s top rated programs.
The company wouldn’t comment beyond the release, or around whether Carlson was being taken off air in response to the Dominion defamation case. Fox News did not offer a statement on Carlson’s behalf.
That and much more on The Vince Coakley Radio Program.
South Carolina Results & Warning Signs
Josh Stein has a problem with Black voters (02-29-2024--Hour3)
Folwell Says NC Won't Cover Ozempic For Weight Loss
WBT District 8 Congressional Debate [LISTEN]
NC Supt Truitt Sets Record Straight.
Brett Jensen LIVE from The Vintage Whiskey and Cigar Bar!
Early voting, deep fakes, & punishing popular pols (02-29-2024--Hour1)
Wooden Robot Brewery co-founder dies in accident Tuesday